Middle School Athletics
- Before the season begins, all student-athletes must complete the Athletic Clearance process using Final Forms
- Registration for each school year begins June 1st
Registration can be started, even without all of your documents, but in order to complete the registration process and receive clearance to participate, all student-athletes must complete all forms and signature before the first day of try-outs, practice, and games. NOTE: Sports Physicals are not required for Middle School student-athletes.
What information will I need to complete the Athletic Clearance process on Final Forms?
- Emergency contact names and phone numbers
- Medical and dental professional’s names and phone numbers
- Final Forms Parent Playbook to create an account
Traditional Sports Season Schedule:
- Cross Country – Coed (Late-August to October)
- Volleyball – Girls’ (Late-August to October)
Club Programs sponsored by VCS –
Please click the links below to learn more about these club teams and how to register:
- Basketball – Boys’ & Girls’ (November to January)
- Soccer – Boys’ & Girls’ (February to March)
Welcome to VCMS. Here are some general things you can expect from our athletics programs:
Give it a try!! Middle school sports are the perfect time to come out and try something new.
Commitment – Athletes are expected to be at every practice and contest, though coaches work with families on an individual basis when there is flexibility needed.
Seasons – A typical season last approximately 7-9 weeks.
Fees – Sports fees are assessed after the roster has been confirmed and the first competition date has taken place. Sports fees range from $175 to $200 per sports season.
Practices – Each week teams practice 2-4 days, Monday through Friday. No practices on the weekends. Practices range from 1 to 1.5 hours in length.
Contests – Once contests begin, expect 1-2 contests per week. Occasionally our league holds an end of season tournament that will fall on a Saturday or a team may opt to compete in a weekend tournament.
Competition – Our teams are competitive in the local NSAL league. We are joined by several public schools and some local private schools in this league.
Team Placement – Our philosophy at the middle school level is to develop all interested student-athletes in their sport of interest. At times we may have more than one squad, with our most competitive squad participating in the NSAL and our developmental squad competing with area schools who match our current level of competitiveness.
Transportation – Our teams rely on parent-carpools to travel to and from contests.
Coaches – Our coaching staff is comprised of both on-campus faculty coaches and off-campus coaches.
At VCS, our our community is essential to the success of our athletics programming. We have some of the most supportive families and this support builds community solidarity. There are many ways to get involved:
- Game Day Management – score clock operator, game scorekeeper, course monitors … and so much more!
- Spirit Sales – spirit sales at sporting events, spirit store operations
- Team Parent – carpool driver, communications coordinator, volunteer coordinator, team snack
- Booster Volunteer – concessions volunteer
Located between the high school and middle school campuses, the Falcon Stadium hosts football, soccer, and baseball events. Visitors can enter the campus at the main school address: 1117 Davis Street, Vacaville, CA 95687, driving onto campus until you reach the stadium, where you will find parking available. Access can also be made from the high school address: 821 Marshall Road, Vacaville, CA 95687, where you will find parking is available.
Falcon Multipurpose Gymnasium
Falcon Softball Field
MIDDLE SCHOOL ATHLETICS CALENDAR
VCMS Cross Country @ Golden West
October 28, 2021 3:45 pm - 5:00 pm
Golden West Middle School, 2651 De Ronde Dr, Fairfield, CA 94533, USA
@ Golden West VS Sierra Vista (GW is Home Team)